Monday, October 27, 2008

My dog Otis has a confession to make.

He's a fetch-a-holic. Absolutely insatiable!! He started out with a fake rabbit once a day. He's now up to several raw hide knot toys, a talking pumba toy and a loofah toy. He's very shameless about the whole thing too! Not only does he force his Mommy to take part in his obsession, but there's Father, Chase and George too. He even attempts to draw my FIL into his sick little ritual. Even with the alzheimer's, at times my FIL just can't resist that puppy's charms! (Hey, that's a good name for a kids cereal, Puppy Charms...) Our older dog Pinky just thinks he's being especially undignified and refuses at all to participate. I think she's been paling around with the cats too much.

I have to confess, I LIKE IT TOO!!!

He's funny about it, very chatty. It almost sounds like he's saying Mamamama me oh!

In other news...

I sang my first solo in choir yesterday. Golly was I scared! I thought I sounded way off key and my timing sucked. But people told me, whether they were being nice or not , that I did good and have a very lovely voice. George said I should just stick to background singing. "You're just not a solo singer Mom." lol I had trouble, I think, because I don't read music and do it all by ear. Some of the notes were 'triplets' and I'd not had but 3 or 4 run throughs. The director is not big on rehearsing songs over and over. Not sure why. Maybe he wants us to stay fresh? A few of us loudly declare that we need more rehearsal time before performing some songs. Whatever. I got my first solo out of the way, lol, not sure if there will be another but I'm game if he asks if I want to do it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home