Wednesday, November 15, 2000

Well, today I went to visit my fil in the hospital. Man, what a trip we have had so far. It all started with him going to have his right eye operated on for cataracts. They then discovered that my fil had an arhythmia and had to have a EKG. They then decided that the results of a stress test that was done were not that promising. So they say, ok, he needs a cardiac catherization and will be in the hospital overnight afterwards. Turns out that his heart function was so bad that they wouldn't send him home. He is 80 years old and very forgetful. They are saying that he has early dementia setting in. He tried to get up in the middle of the night and go home. They had to shoot him with some Haldol and soft restraints. They didn't say they used the restraints but I saw them on the shelf in his room next to the sandbag that was used as pressure after his cardiac cath. He is also in line for open heart surgery by the end of the week. This should be a long road to say the least for him and my husband. I figure that it's in God's hands now and he will do what is best for us all in this situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home