Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I was about to start this off with a string of profanity, but decided against it.

I started here with a beer instead. New template, maybe a new blog? Yeah, uh-huh, right.

Ah, fucker-doodle, that seemed to be the right place for a well placed bit of profanity.


I wonder if I can still use html crappy tags on this beast. Would be nice. I must admit to getting spoiled with all the clickity-click at xanga. I should use my brain more often.

I have come to realize that the insurance companies are the ruin of American healthcare as we know it. Or at least the ones behind the 'nursing shortage' myth. There isn't a shortage folks. The fact is that nurses are not getting paid what we are worth. We take a lot of risks, abuse and don't get all that much in return most of the time. Yes, there are the really rich moments where you connect with a geriatric resident or pick up on a sign with someone and save thier life. But there are times when monetary rewards do make your day. Just like any career. Think about it. Then get on the phone or email to your congressperson and tell them that you want Managed Care to be abolished and healthcare put back in the hands of the folks that know it best. Quit being such a skin-flint cheapie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home